Monday, February 24, 2014

On the Road: Anza Borrego


Currently listening to: 

Over the weekend, a group of friends and I went to Anza Borrego Desert State Park in San Diego County. This semi-high maintenance lady learned to rough it. I slept on the desert floor, in a tent, with no electricity. I went hiking for the first time in who knows how long. I visited an abandoned house on top of a mountain. I climbed rocks and got dirty. It was a new experience and I'm glad I did it. It definitely made me even more thankful for my comfy bed back home. It was such a beautiful trip and I enjoyed every bit of it. Big shout out to Christian for planning the extravaganza. I would definitely go back again (maybe with an air mattress next time). 

*Photos by me (with the exceptions of the one's I'm in). Other photo credit to Alyssa, Elizabeth, Rachel, and Michael.

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. But like.... come live with Alyssa and me. We can be cute and eat donuts in the wilderness.

      Delete
  2. It looks beautiful! I would imagine how beautiful it would be to escape busy life :)

    Jes | Naturally Jes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so lovely! I wish I could take you all!<3

      Delete
  3. These photographs are so beautiful! I hope you had an amazing time :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super jealous of this trip! I've always wanted to go camping in the dessert or wilderness, none of my friends want to join me though :(

    P.s. :) If you're interested or haven't participated before, I've invited you to join in on the Now & Then game. Find the prompts here: http://samanthaheather.blogspot.com.au/2014/03/now-then.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. These photos are ridiculously gorge! Pretty jealous that this is just a drive away for you... how amazing!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete